What are MOOCS? – Massive Open Online Courses
MOOCs are freely accessible and open-licensed short courses, delivered to large cohorts of learners fully online.
- do not have any entry requirements – all courses can be taken by anyone from anywhere online;
- are usually run two or three times each year;
- are led by world-class academics and supported by teaching assistants;
- typically require 1-2 hours of study each week for around 5 weeks;
- are self-directed, meaning you follow the course materials, complete the readings and assessments, and get help from a large community of fellow learners through online forums;
Here is one MOOCS website: https://www.mooc-list.com